How it works
Step 1: Find an item
Search for items by category and filter by location, price and dates.
Step 2: Submit rental request
Item owner confirms your rental and answers any questions you might have
Step 3: Arrange payment & handover
Arrange payment terms, and time & place to pick up equipment.
- Never share confidential information with another person (i.e., passwords, social security numbers, bank information, etc.)
- Don’t share your phone number. Chat only through Shrent platform. Communicating outside the platform makes it harder for Shrent to protect you and puts you at greater risk of fraud and other security issues.
- Item owners: take a picture of the renter's driver's license or any other government-issued ID.
- Meet in an open, highly trafficked area such as grocery stores. Pick a safe place, during a busy time.
- Please use common sense and do not put yourself in any uncomfortable situation.
- Let us know if there is a problem with a user.
- Report suspicious online activity immediately.
- If you feel that you are in danger, call 911 immediately.
Tips for Owners
- If you are an Owner, we encourage you to require a profile photo from anyone renting your items. If they do not have one, please ask for photo ID at time of item exchange.
- During drop-off, take proper documentation of the condition of your item, with location and time stamps.
- During return, review the condition of your item to ensure there is no new damage.
- Ensure the renter knows how to properly use your item. Provide written or emailed instructions of usage.
Tips for Renters
- If you are a Renter, we encourage you to pick a listing where the Owner has uploaded a profile picture. If they do not have one, please ask for photo ID at time of item exchange.
- Do your due diligence in testing and reviewing the condition of the item you’re renting before you accept rental. Ask questions and test item. You have the right to politely decline rental if it is not in proper working condition.
- Ask Owner to properly show you how to use item. Get all necessary instructions.
- If anything is unclear or you want more details, ask Owner. Feel free to ask for more photos.
- Use proper safety precautions when using item. Follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- During item pick-up, take proper documentation of the condition of the rented item, with location and time stamps.
- The owner will ask you for a picture of your govenment-issued ID, which is recommended as a safety precaution.
- During return, tell the owner if there were any issues with the item.
- Return items by the end of the rental period. Any time that is not returned within 24-hours of the end-of-rental period will be reported as stolen to authorities.
- If you need to extend the rental period, notify the owner immediately.